Rumor and Hearsay

Monday, January 9, 2012

HEY HO POST-O Review of winter break.

Hey everybody, another holiday session has passed and I might as well say SOMETHING about it. It's only tradition...nbd right?

I can honestly say that this break has been one of the most interesting, yes even compared to last year's totaling of my dearest blue car. Originally destined for a trip to my home-away-from-home I found myself once again running amok in good Ol' El Paso, which depending on circumstance can be seen as good or bad, depending on who you ask.

What made this trip different, was the fact that I had a lot of time to just sit and think...and I mean THINK. Shooting excursions into the depths of the desert, watching the run fall beneath the horizon as that sweet taste of Bourbon and coke hangs on one's lip while getting the last few long range shots in for the day. Going back to the same location in the cold, stillness, darkness of the night and being able to see for miles around, the city just a slight glow to one's back.

Feeling a strange calm as I'd speed down the highway, weaving through traffic, drunk on the music blasting through the speakers surrounding me. Everything slows, feel the heartbeat, not needing to blink, smirk on the face.

I finally was able to meet my baby nephew, the fact that he likes Frank Sinatra and big band music has me hopeful he will grow up to be quite a classy young man. Ran into some old friends, acquaintances, ghosts of my past, and people I'd like to actually stay in contact with.

Pardon me if I stare but your eyes are exquisite, your smile a nail in the coffin. Start a fire, pass the 'shine. Excuse me if I'm being too upfront, but would you like to dance? Racing through the city lights call me out, I''m being a gentleman, I'm sorry.

A smile with a fat lip, a high five. let's hit the streets, let's burn it down gents we're running out of time.

The more I think the more I drift, without a mooring, keep your mind right Wallace let it go. Family times around the table, around a tree. I'll be the workhorse, light the stove let's get it done.
Wake up, smile, It's been a good run brothers.


It was a pleasure to meet you sir, now I must leave, I've got to get to work sometime right?

Shit...I still need to be packing...this glass of scotch isn't going to finish itself though...If I had the gall, would you care to join?

No comments:

Post a Comment